Laser treatment utilises specific wavelengths of light to interact with tissue. There is now strong evidence that laser therapy can help accelerate the healing process of your pets.
Laser therapy can be used for a variety of conditions, such as:
- Aid in healing of wounds (post surgery or wounds sustained through trauma)
- Treatment of tendon or muscle injuries
- Treatment of osteoarthritis
Benefits of laser therapy:
- Reduces pain and inflammation without any side effects
- Can be used for acute and chronic injuries or wounds
- Treatment can be customised to specific conditions or injuries (time of treatment and wavelength of light can be altered)
- Treatment sessions are quick, non-stressful and painless, lasting no more than 10 minutes
If you feel that your pet would benefit from laser therapy, please arrange a time to see a vet who will assess your pet fully and decide if it is an appropriate treatment. Many of the laser treatments are then carried out by our nurses.